Monday, June 11, 2012

What's up with Terri DelCampo on 4-11-2012 via OEV Magazine


LIFE’S A HOOT

By

Terri DelCampo
Managing Editor

It’s been an interesting month during which my granddaughter turned six, and I turned a little grayer when my computer crashed.  I still say when you order a computer already loaded with operating systems they program it to crash just before your warranty runs out so they can convince you to sign up for another extended warranty.  If I could prove it I’d sue them for all their worth.  Had to wipe my computer (colossal waste of time!!!) and reinstall everything.  Grrrr.  Funny, the only problems I ever have had with this laptop is just before the warranty runs out.  Fortunately I have two external hard drives for backups, but I still lost two columns and a short story (that I’ve noticed so far).  Took me days to rewrite what I’d written last week.  But I think I’m all caught up now, whew!  If I could go back and relive the week before the crash my motto would have been Back-up!  Back-up!  Back-up!

Rosie got a lot of notebooks and a touch typing course for kids for her birthday.  She keeps a journal, reads voraciously, and is one smart cookie.  Love being here with the grands! 

In the midst of all the celebrating and computer frustration, I managed to get Owl's Eye View all ready to give you some chills. 

Nathan Williams talks about ‘old farthood’ and letting the next generation, in the form of Sol Hammond, get a feel for the reins in “Swooping Through the Years.”  Don’t worry, Nathan’s not going anywhere!  We hope…  

Meredith Alden continues on with her story revealing Max Vale’s struggles now that she’s back in Owl’s Nest…and his life.  “From the Perch” is, as always, a must read this issue.

Lucy Bernelli’s transformation continues, and her spirit is pulled nearly apart in this issue’s “On the WindSpirit.” 

Larry Nunn pops into Owl’s Nest High School for a visit to the band that brings all sorts of ooky surprises in this issue’s “Screech On!”  

In “Macabre Mirth” this month, Melanie Mirth tells of Signe Hannigan meeting her mentor. 

How do you mend a broken heart?  One man’s answer lies in my story, “Be Still My Broken Heart.” 

You really can’t judge a book by its cover, or so my story “Sir Muddy” goes. 

The ooky Pharmacy Phunnies continue in the fourth installment of M*E*D*S, right along with the chilling evil….muahaha!

Plenty of ooky to go around for the next thirty days.  Chills! 
Ter

No comments:

Post a Comment